NOTICE: Fishing is open daily 7am – 7pm, (Weather permitting) Permits are required.
The Inn of the Mountain Gods Resort & Casino sits on the shores of beautiful Lake Mescalero. Stocked with nearly 20,000 trout annually, the lake provides guests of the Inn with a unique dawn ’till dusk, New Mexico fishing experience. Fishing is open year-round to everyone. Inn of the Mountain Gods provides:
- Fishing Permits (one permit per fishing rod)– $25.00 plus tax
- Bait – Cost varies, dependent on what type of bait is purchased
- Pole Rentals – $22 with a $25 refundable deposit. This is required for all fishing poles
- Assorted bait and fishing tackle available at an additional cost.
*Special Combo 1: One pole + one Fishing Permit – $40 +tax and $25 deposit.
* Boat/Permit Combo: Boat rental and one fishing permit – $113
The above can be purchased daily at the boathouse located by the lake. The fishing permits can also be purchased at the Concierge desk located on the 5th floor of the hotel. Permits are good from sunrise to sunset on the date of purchase only and can only be used at Lake Mescalero. State licenses are not required on this lake. Please call the boathouse for more information. For fishing policies, please see the boathouse.